2023-10-19 15:21:24来源:魔方格
摘要:目前,注重文化教学已受到外语教育的普遍认可。在中国,大学英语教学所使用的教材大多是原汁原味的国外原版资料。下面是七考网小编带来的优秀的
(资料图片仅供参考)
目前,注重文化教学已受到外语教育的普遍认可。在中国,大学英语教学所使用的教材大多是原汁原味的国外原版资料。下面是七考网小编带来的优秀的英文文章阅读,欢迎阅读!
Discovery 发现
The word “discovery” literally means, uncovering something that‘s hidden from view. But what really happens is a change in the viewer. The familiar offers comfort few can resist, and fewer still want to disturb. But as relatively recent inventions such as the telescope and microscope have taught us, the unknown has many layers. Every truth has geological strata, and you can’t have an orthodoxy without a heresy. The moment a newborn opens its eyes, discovery begins. I learned this with a laugh one morning after delivering a calf. When it lifted up its fluffy head and looked at me, its eyes held the absolute bewilderment of the newly born. A moment before it had the even black nowhere of the womb, and suddenly its world was full of colour, movement and noise. I‘ve never seen anything so shocked to be alive.
“发现”一词,字面上是指揭开某种视线以外的隐藏的事物。不过其实是观察者自身发生了变化。很少人能抗拒熟悉事物带来的舒适,愿意扰乱这种舒适的人更少。然而,正如望远镜、显微镜这些较为近期的发明所揭示给我们的,求知事物具有多种层次。每个事实都有地质层次,没有异端也就无所谓正统。新生儿睁开双眼的那一刻起,发现也就开始了。我是在一天清晨给一头小牛犊接生的时候突然意识到这一点的,不禁大笑。小牛仰起毛茸茸的脑袋看着我,目光中透出这个新生命对世界的一无所知。片刻这前,它还呆在母体里某个黑暗而平静的地方,突然,它的世界变得五光十色,变得活泼而喧闹。我从未见过任何东西在获得生命时是如些的惊异。
A Psalm of Life 人生礼颂
Tell me not in mournful numbers, 请别用哀伤的诗句对我讲;
Life is but an empty dream!
人生呵,无非是虚梦一场!
For the soul is dead that slumbers 因为沉睡的灵魂如死一般,
And things are not what they seem. 事物的表里并不一样。
Life is real! Life is earnest!
人生是实在的!人生是热烈的!
And the grave is not its goal;
人生的目标决不是坟墓;
Dust thou art , to dust returnest,
你是尘土,应归于尘土。
Was not spoken of the soul.
此话指的并不是我们的精神。
Not enjoyment , and not sorrow, 我们的归宿并不是快乐,
Is our destined and our way;
也不是悲伤,
But to act, 实干
That much to-morrow.
才是我们的道路,
Find us farther than to-day.
每天不断前进,蒸蒸蒸日上。
Art is long , and time is fleeting. 光阴易逝,而艺海无涯,
And our hearts , though stout and brave. 我们的心哪——虽然勇敢坚强,
Still , like muffled drums , are beating
却像被布蒙住的铜鼓,
Funeral marches to the grave.
常把殡葬的哀乐擂响。
In the world"s broad field of battle,
在这人生的宿营地,
In the bivouac of Life,
在这辽阔的世界战场,
Be not like dumb,driven cattle!
别做无言的牲畜任人驱赶,
Be a hero in the strife!
做一名英雄汉立马横枪!
Trust no future.howe"er pleasant!
别相信未来,哪怕未来多么欢乐!
Let the dead Past bury its dead!
让死去的往昔将死亡一切埋葬!
Act,act in the living Present!
上帝在上,我们胸怀勇气,
Let us,then,be up and doing,
让我们起来干吧,
With a heart for any fate;
下定决心,不管遭遇怎样;
Still achieving,still pursuing
不断胜利,不断追求,
Learn to labour and to wait.
要学会苦干和耐心等待。
Think it Over(好好想想)
Today we have higher buildings and wider highways,but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;
今天我们拥有了更高层的楼宇以及更宽阔的公路,但是我们的性情却更为急躁,眼光也更加狭隘;
We spend more,but enjoy less;
我们消耗的更多,享受到的却更少;
We have bigger houses,but smaller famillies;
我们的住房更大了,但我们的家庭却更小了;
We have more compromises,but less time;
我们妥协更多,时间更少;
We have more knowledge,but less judgment;
我们拥有了更多的知识,可判断力却更差了;
We have more medicines,but less health;
我们有了更多的药品,但健康状况却更不如意;
We have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values;
我们拥有的财富倍增,但其价值却减少了;
We talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much;
我们说的多了,爱的却少了,我们的仇恨也更多了;
We reached the Moon and came back,but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors;
我们可以往返月球,但却难以迈出一步去亲近我们的左邻右舍;
We have conquered the uter space,but not our inner space;
我们可以征服外太空,却征服不了我们的内心;
We have highter income,but less morals;
我们的收入增加了,但我们的道德却少了;
These are times with more liberty,but less joy;
我们的时代更加自由了,但我们拥有的快乐时光却越来越少;
We have much more food,but less nutrition;
我们有了更多的食物,但所能得到的营养却越来越少了;
These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home,but divorces increase;
现在每个家庭都可以有双份收入,但离婚的现象越来越多了;
These are times of finer houses,but more broken homes;
现在的住房越来越精致,但我们也有了更多破碎的家庭;
That"s why I propose,that as of today;
这就是我为什么要说,让我们从今天开始;
You do not keep anything for a special occasion.because every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION.
不要将你的东西为了某一个特别的时刻而预留着,因为你生活的每一天都是那么特别;
Search for knowledge,read more ,sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;
寻找更我的知识,多读一些书,坐在你家的前廊里,以赞美的眼光去享受眼前的风景,不要带上任何功利的想法;
Spend more time with your family and friends,eat your favorite foods,visit the places you love;
花多点时间和朋友与家人在一起,吃你爱吃的食物,去你想去的地方;
Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment;not only about survival;
生活是一串串的快乐时光;我们不仅仅是为了生存而生存;
Use your crystal goblets.Do not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it.
举起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝啬洒上你最好的香水,你想用的时候就享用吧!
Remove from your vocabulary phrases like"one of these days"or "someday";
从你的词汇库中移去所谓的"有那么一天"或者"某一天";
Let"s write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"!
曾打算"有那么一天"去写的信,就在今天吧!
Let"s tell our families and friends how much we love them;
告诉家人和朋友,我们是多么地爱他们;
Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;
不要延迟任何可以给你的生活带来欢笑与快乐的事情;
Every day,every hour,and every minute is special;
每一天、每一小时、每一分钟都是那么特别;
And you don"t know if it will be your last.
你无从知道这是否最后刻。